Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past year, you have probably heard of Pinterest. Pinterest is a social media site that is purely image driven. Users of Pinterest save, or "pin" images they like and can follow other users' collections of pins that they find interesting.
Originally aimed at individual users, Pinterest is now targeting companies with their new "Pinterest for Business" accounts. Businesses can now have official accounts that link directly to their business website and are encouraged to interact with the public through pinning. This is a great opportunity for businesses to take advantage of! Here are our top five ways to use your Pinterest for Business account:
1) Branding You can use Pinterest to raise awareness about your company. Pinning company logos is a favorite, both yours and the logos of any brands you are associated with. You could also post photos of your employees hard at work (or play!) and that will also help solidify your brand's image in your customer's minds.
2) Networking Pinterest can help with networking. You can follow people that you want to do business with and comment on their pins. You can also repin their pins. The people you wish to do business with will be drawn to your board and your business because they see you sharing their content.
3) Promoting Sales Use Pinterest to promote discounts and sales by setting up boards that feature products that you offer at a discount. As an alternative, you can pin related products to a board together, showing them as a package deal that the customer can purchase through your company.
4) Research Pinterest is a great research tool. You can use the site to find out what your customers actually like. This information can be used to identify trends and determine which products would be best to advertise to your customer base. Pinterest can also be used as a tool in finding companies similar to yours and openly seeing what they are doing to engage customers.
5) Building Credibility Use Pinterest to show people you are an expert in your field. Pin articles that you have written. Pin useful websites that are related to what you do. Everything you pin helps build credibility. Even when you share resources that you didn't create, you show your expertise by connecting your customers to the best content on the web.
If you are ready to sign up for Pinterest for Business, head on over to the Pinterest for Business Sign Up page. We hope you agree with us that Pinterest is a great tool for connecting your customers and people like your customers to great visual content.
Will you be creating a Pinterest for Business account to grow your presence in social media? Tell us why or why not in the comments below.
For more information about the new tools for Businesses in Pinterest, check out the Pinterest Blog.