Confession: I am hopelessly addicted to Google Reader. I love to learn and will forever be interested in new ways people are succeeding in online marketing. Because of this, I decided I would write a recap of some of my favorite posts from the past month, as they relate to the different parts of online marketing.
- By far one of the biggest news stories this month was the release of Google Instant. You can find more about it here, and whether you love it or hate it, it is definitely progression in the search world.
- We wrote about the Google instant announcement earlier this month, but the SEO’s out there should be happy to know that SEOmoz said it is having less impact then most algorithm updates Google does.
- Search Engine Watch had a good article showcasing all the different AdWords match types, and how you can effectively use them in your campaign. Great for getting a little bit more out of your PPC ads.
- In Bing’s ongoing effort to try and take searches from Google they have announced a rewards system that pays people to search on Bing. Simply install the Bing bar and you can receive points as a reward on every search that you do. If you like Bing you might as well install it and get rewards for your searches.
- Twitter can be a difficult beast to get a good grasp on; this article gives you some of the essentials to starting a Twitter the right way. They break down nine ways to build a Twitter community with substance.
- Lastly, this story is not necessarily marketing related, but it is still cool. Google has made street view available on Antarctica. It leads to some pretty cool penguin pictures as well.
Please let me know if there was an exciting article you read last month that I missed, as we would love to share them with our readers!