Happy New Year all! I am out for the rest of the week so the variety is early. There are some new posts that I wanted to share, but in addition to that let’s take a look at some of our favorite posts, top stories, and some of the biggest developments in the industry from 2008.
- Google Product Search up 786% in the category of shopping search.
- The Silicon Alley Insider reports on Digg’s revenue losses and why ad targeting, or the lack there of, could be a major factor in these losses.
- Have your 2009 wish list ready for Google? I know Zach does and Matt Cutts’ parents do, but submissions are coming in fast so add yours soon.
- Jennifer Laycock released her second installment of “Six Lessons from a Wooden Boy”, but I recommend starting from her first post on the subject.
- A legend about the inventor of chess may provide insight into internet retail growth.
2008 In Review
Internet Retailer released their top 10 stories from 2008, here they are in ascending order:
I know this couldn't possibly be everything, which events in 2008 were most memorable to you?