I can’t believe that the fourth quarter is already here. This year has gone by so fast that it's hard to believe the amount of history that has been made this year. Coming off the heels of last night’s Vice Presidential debate I wanted to share this fun tool with you all. It’s the Sarah Palin Baby Name Generator and a few of us around the office had fun finding out what our names would be earlier this week, mine was Spoon Archer Palin. Ok back to eCommerce…
- eMarketer reports that web consumers are still making their grievances heard by way of word of mouth, which may contradict initial thoughts about the way web shoppers operate. With the availability of forums, review sites, blogs, etc. you might think that the majority of complaints was left via the web, when in actuality this study shows that most consumers complain to people they know either on the phone or in person about the poor products or services they have dealt with.
- There is a new eCommerce self proclaimed “magazine rack” called Alltop for those that don’t care to use RSS feeds.
- If you are a Google Analytics User I would suggest checking out Google Analytics Power User Tips.
- Kurt Peters, editor–in-chief of Internet Retailer shared his ideas about the state of online retailing with the e-commerceInsights blog. I have worked one on one with Kurt on a few occasions and would definitely recommend checking out his thoughts.
- Still not feeling prepared for the holiday season? eCommerce Times provides tips and strategies to make the most of the kickoff, Cyber Monday.
Stay tuned next week for Ryan’s Affiliate Watch for the month of September as it would have come out this week had it not been for “Intern Week”. You don’t want to miss this one since he will be touching on the proper use of landing pages, images, widgets, and making better use of your marketing dollars.