Ahoy ecommerce mateys! Arrrrrrr you ready to stop talking like a pirate yet? Today is Talk like a Pirate Day in case you didn't get the memo. Looks like everyone at Bruce Clay showed some spirit. Oh yea, Tim was quite sure to inform me of UCLA's historical defeat last weekend (tosses face paint into trashcan) and how USC stomped the Buckeyes.
- Vanessa suggests you read an article discussing the recent stock market activity and your online business. Hey! Since when was I classified as "cheap talent"?
- One of the largest players in our vertical, Home Depot recently announced price cuts to gain back customers and help lift weak sales. What are leaders in your niche doing to combat slow economic times?
- I want to give a shout out to my friend Nathan Decker of Evogear.com who is a new dad. Congratulations! Can't wait to see the little one on the slopes with you.
- Hopefully all you expert SEM Managers out there noticed the new AdWords Quality Score changes go live. I was curious to see how well my keywords were doing relative to other advertisers. It doesn't appear that we were hurt at all, in fact I have lots of keywords with very high scores. Thanks to my AdWords Team for the tips on account structure!
- In case you are directionally challeged, Google Maps for Mobile has just what you need! New features include street view, as if you couldn't just look up from your phone and see for yourself.
- Maybe I talk too much on the phone and this is just a sign to save me from going over my minutes but my BlueAnt Supertooth Light bluetooth car speakerphone broke and now I'm on my third one. The product provides exceptional call quality, but there may have been some sort of production issue with the previous one's I had. Their great customer service shone bright when they sent me a new one via next day air with a prepaid return slip inside. That's how customer service should be done.
- I thought about using more text messages but prices have been increasing year after year. See what our Senate is doing to help.
- OutdoorPros.com was the first "copy and paste" to launch a new vertical for us. As we've shared with the folks at Internet Retailer we have been working to create additional websites for new product lines. Earlier this week I happened to run across this great comic from Drew at Toothpaste for Dinner and I couldn't help but worry about when we launch the next site or about Lisa Barone if she get's another cat...
- New Microsoft commercials (thanks Andy) are out. I couldn't help but think about my grandma using her PC to rent Netflix.
- Excited about Chrome but don't want to leave your FireFox plugins behind? Matt Cutts put together some creative solutions for you to have your cake and eat it to, sort of.
- "I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller" (to the tune of "I wish" by Skee-Lo), but really I wish I was a bigger blogger so I could go to BlogWorld Expo. If you're a blogger looking to make some cash as an affiliate, be sure to check out the panel with Shawn Collins, Tim Jones and Mike Allen titled Affiliate Marketing Secrets for Bloggers.
Whether you are watching football or going to the fair, have a great weekend everyone.