Well nothing crazy happened to me last Friday (phew), hope you were left unaffected as well. Vanessa is still out, so I’m covering the blog again. Disappointingly enough for Vanessa, the Lakers lost. She now owes Matt, a fellow coworker, dinner. If you are in the Southern California area I hope you are staying cool during these 100+ degree days. We are especially appreciative of the PlumberSurplus.com food program for providing ice cream sandwiches!
- If you live in California, new cell phone laws go into effect July 1st. To make sure you are covered, I suggest picking up a hands free device soon. I’ve heard great things about the BlueAnt Supertooth Light available at Amazon (assuming they don’t go down again). For a low cost solution, purchase a plug in corded hands free device for your phone.
- Who else is getting worried about eBay and their desire to force PayPal as the only eBay payment option?
- Having trouble finding which social networking site your target demographic is on? RapLeaf (via Marketing Pilgrim) has some data which shows where these folks prefer to hang out.
- In case you were not one of the 8+ million users who participated in the world record attempt by Mozilla called “Download Day” and got FireFox 3, you can still get it at their site. I’ve been using it all week and it does seem to provide a faster browsing experience without any hacks.
- Looking for inspiration and innovation for your ecommerce site? Jason Billingsley at Elastic Path had a great webinar yesterday on Ecommerce Innovations. I can’t imagine implementing Coastal Contact’s “Try before you buy” feature on some products (shall I even mention toilets?) from our site…
- AdWords Quality Score is now influenced by page load times. If you run SEM, spot check some of your keywords for every domain you have ads for to ensure you have not been impacted by this change.
Now to all those I promised, its time for some pictures from Internet Retailer!
Singlefeed Crew- Angela, Colin, & Ben
McAfee’s Shannon Carter
Jay from PowerReviews
The Smarter Ladies
Andrew and Ian from Google AdWords Retail Team
Siva and Larisa from TheFind.com
Jeary from LivePerson