Welcome to this week in eCommerce and Entrepreneurship. Take a look cause the world of eCommerce is getting more interesting by the week.
- Brainstorming for keywords can be tough especially if you or your search marketer has hit their own form of writers block. Search Engine Journal put out a list of tools to help with keyword generation.
- “The Churchill Club of Silicon Valley just wrapped up one of its most anticipated events: the Annual Top Ten Tech Trends Debate. Five well-known and opinionated venture capitalists weighed in on what trends will take flight and what trends will fizzle out in the months ahead.” …more
- I am not a fan of the Dallas Mavericks nor am I really a fan of Mark Cuban, not for any particular reason other than the fact that I am a Laker fan. As a fan of the competition, one tends to feel a little sour towards the Mavericks owner. As you may know though, he is one of us, an ecommerce nerd. This week he pondered about how to beat Google, and what he came up with may interest you.
- It is no secret that companies have discovered that employee health and well being cuts out on the amount of sick days used which cuts costs and increases productivity. What about the employees that just plain play hooky? Well a new technology has surfaced that can detect when an employee is lying over the phone. From the article: “The technology means someone phoning in for a sickie will speak not to a sympathetic secretary but to a computer set up to check whether their voice is steady and reliable.”
- In response to New York tax laws, Overstock.com has cancelled all relationships with affiliates in New York.