I am happy to say that today is intern appreciation day at the SurPlex. An excellent lunch, a basketball tournament, foosball and video games will be enjoyed this afternoon; I, for one, am quite excited. Let’s get down to the business of eCommerce, and check out my updates for the week.
- Free sales-tax will no longer be a benefit of shopping online in New York.
- Amazon uses friends to help create product recommendations, and a few other tools you may not be aware of.
- Blockbuster throws Netflix for a loop by offering to purchase Circuit City.
- Apple may be more susceptible to economic slow down in the United States because of their presence is strongest here as opposed to overseas.
- Microsoft is testing Live Mesh, a system that enables users to synchronize their handheld devices and computers by way of an internet based application.