Starting a New Bathroom Remodel: A Bathroom Remodeling Checklist
What Items do I need for my Bathroom Remodel?
When building a new bathroom or remolding an old one, organization is the key to keeping your sanity. With so many different products to consider it can be helpful to keep a list of all the items you are going to need. A bathroom checklist is good for amateur do-it-yourselfers, or anyone who likes to stay organized and not have to worry if they have everything. By having a bathroom remodeling checklist set up, you can stop worrying about what you are forgetting and start focusing on how you are going to make the bathroom of your dreams.
Checklist of Items You Will Want to Consider for Your Bathroom Remodel
This Bathroom checklist has been compiled to give you a one stop guide showcasing all of the products needed for new bathroom remodels, as well as items that are not necessities but can provide increased functionality and design to any bathroom. Go ahead and print out this list, we know it will help you to make the bathroom you have always wanted. If you have any additional questions about items on the list, make sure you do not hesitate to contact us.
- Toilet -A toilet is a plumbing fixture and disposal system primarily intended for the disposal of bodily wastes. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes to fit your personal style.
- Toilet Paper Holder - Even something as simple as a toilet paper holder can be used to add your specific touch to the bathroom. We carry a variety of styles and finishes to match the rest of your bathroom.
- Bidet or Bidet Seat - The popular styling and function of bidets coordinate with a wide variety of toilet styles. Bidets have a vertical spray which delivers a gentle stream for localized cleaning, and are perfect for any bathroom.
- Countertop - Bathroom countertops not only provide function, but add beauty and continuity to a bathroom. Bathroom counter tops support the sink bowl and add space where space is limited.
- Lavatory Sink - Aside from standard function, the form of today's bathroom sinks can help you to define the bathroom design space as contemporary, traditional, or transitional. Your individual design tastes are highlighted through selection of the appropriate bathroom sink and accessories.
- Lavatory Faucet - Arguably the most important part of a bathroom remodel, the faucet can define the the room and come in a wide variety of styles and finishes. With so many options out there, there is always one that seems designed perfectly for your needs.
- Medicine cabinet or Mirror - Medicine cabinets are an excellent storage solution for a bathroom that don't sacrifice depth and style. Bathroom mirrors are central to the look of a bathroom and can be simply framed and mounted directly to the wall.
- Lighting - The options for bathroom lighting are endless. A sconce will add elegance and beauty, while traditional mirror lighting will illuminate the bathroom for everyday needs. Bathroom lighting is essential in every home and office.
- P-Trap - Bathroom sink p-traps are the u-shaped piece of pipe that goes under your sink. P-traps serve two purposes, they allow water flow to the sink and they prevent noxious gases from backing up into the bathroom. Bathroom sink p-traps also catch items that might go down the drain (wedding rings) before they are swept away.
- Bathroom Vanities and Vanity Top - Bathroom vanities are traditional and timeless choices for both cradling the sinks while still offering storage as well style for the bathroom. Some bathroom remodels call for vanities that have a simply design with just a sink and stand to disguise the piping, while others are substantial pieces of furniture with drawers, cabinetry, and dual sink counter tops.
- Cabinet Hardware - Cabinet hardware can include handles, knobs, latches, hinges, drawer slides, organizers, shelves, and more. Choose from our selection of high quality, fashionable cabinet hardware products.
- Towel Warmer - Towel warmers bring a spa-like experience to a home bathroom. They are wall-mounted and come in a wide variety of stone facades. While not a necessity for the bathroom remodel, once you experience a towel warmer, you will wonder how you ever lived without it.
- Towel Ring - Towel rings create a convenient and decorative approach for hanging hand or bath towels. Towel rings can be matched to your existing towel bars, as they come in a large variety of styles and finishes. Towel rings can be used for more than hanging towels and can be used in closets, on the back of a door, or in the kitchen.
- Ventilation Fans - A bathroom ventilation fan can greatly reduce or eliminate many problems created by excess moisture. Bathroom exhaust fans are designed to operate quietly and effectively, always keeping the air fresh.
- Cabinet Hinges - Although they are small, hinges can still accent the room and match the rest of the decor in the bathroom. You can choose from the variety of shapes and styles to fit your personal need.
- Door Hardware - Door hardware can include handlesets, knobs, levers, deadbolts, electronic hardware and more. Choose from our selection of high quality, fashionable doorware products.
- Door Stop - Door Stops are sometimes overlooked in the remodeling process, however they are quickly remembered when your new door handle makes a whole in your wall. We have a large selection of door stops to fit any bathroom remodel.
- Steam Unit - Steambaths are a wonderful shower enhancement, converting your tub/shower space into a luxurious private retreat.
- Mixing Valve Trim - This is how you control the volume and temperature of the water in your shower. They come in a variety of styles to fit your personal need.
- Shower Heads - We carry a wide variety of shower heads come in many different shapes, sizes, and finishes. Some shower heads even allow you to adjust the pressure of the water, the way the water sprays, and the amount of GPM.
- Shower Door - Shower doors come in many different layouts, glass types, and door types. There is frameless shower doors that help your bathroom remodel feel more spacious and framed doors that match the finish of your existing bathroom faucets.
- Shower and Tub Drain - Whatever style tub faucet and shower head you have, there is a drain to match it. Drains come in all sizes and finishes and should be considered to give your bath tub the look that matches the rest of you bathroom.
- Hand Shower - A hand-held shower is a shower head that can be removed from its base to provide a direct stream of water to any part of the body. They are often used in connection with a regular showerhead to give you the shower experience you have been dreaming of.
- Bathtub - A bathtub is a tub designed to hold water for bathing. Most modern bathtubs are made of acrylic or fiberglass, but alternatives are available in enamel over steel, cast iron, copper, and other materials. Bathtubs are available in built-in, free standing, clawfoot, or other configurations, and are usually placed in a bathroom either as a stand-alone fixture or in conjunction with a shower.
- Roman Tub Faucet - Roman Tub Faucets come in all shapes and styles and are designed to give your bathtub an elegant look. There are simple designs like the tub spout and handles, and more modern designs which include a mount for the hand shower.
- Towel Bar - Towel bars are the finishing touch to the home bathroom. Towel bars are available in so many different styles and colors, they can be matched to any faucet or shower fixture easily.
- Soap and Sponge Holders - Most people have many different cleaning items they use in their showers. Instead of having them sit on the ground or rim of the tub, why not consider an elegant holder for them that attaches to the wall at wherever it is most comfortable for you.
- Wall Plates - Wall plates are designed to cover live wires and protect the user from harm. Wall plates are used in virtually every electrical installation involving plugs, switches, junction boxes, phone, Ethernet connections, and cable installations. When choosing a wall plate, there are several different aesthetic options, such as color, style, and material.
Shop for Bathroom Remodel Items