Bosch Company History
started as a small German company in 1886 when Robert Bosch, a German engineer, opened his “Workshop for Precision Mechanics and Engineering.” In 1906, Robert Bosch decided to expand and brought his business outside of Germany to sell to the United States. Over one hundred years later, Bosch U.S. has evolved into an innovative and diverse company. In the U.S. many households today own Bosch products from the consumer goods and building technology sector, which includes Bosch’s home appliances, power tools, security systems, and water heaters. Bosch is known in almost 50 countries on every continent for being innovative, providing quality, and having products so diverse they range from automotive equipment to household appliances.
Familiar brands such as Skil
, Vermont American
, Gilmour, Thermador, and Gaggenau are part of the Bosch
umbrella of brands. Bosch Power Tools
and Accessories is one of the divisions within the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, one of the largest power tool and accessory manufacturers in the world. Bosch tankless water heaters
have also quickly become the choice for families demanding endless hot water.
Below is a listing of just some of the many product families Bosch sells.
innovation is key. This is what has allowed them to create a career of over 100 years suppling product to over 50 countries. People recognize the Bosch name and know that it means a quality product, which is what they will be receiving. Bosch has also taken the Tankless Water Heater
world by storm, introducing many features and innovations in a product type that is still in realative infancy in the United States.
Besides introducing the world to the first electric rotary hammer, Bosch
is known throughout the industry for accomplishments that include:
- First portable jig saw
- Bosch water heaters' average life expectancy is more than 20 years, it saves energy of up to 50%, and supplies endless hot water.
- First power hand saw system
- The first cordless drill/drivers engineered to survive multiple drops from more than one-story (10-ft) onto solid concrete
- The world's first Power Box™, all-in-one power center and jobsite radio/CD player with a 4-way GFCI power outlet, integrated Bosch battery charger, 12-volt outlet perfect for charging cell phones and two-way radio, AM/FM digital radio, and auxiliary jack for MP3 players
- Direct Connect™, the world's first cord management system
- Bosch developed an innovative anti-vibration handle system to reduce vibration by an astounding 60%
- Bosch dishwashers incorporate advanced features like the Top Rack Only™ wash cycle to save both water and electricity, while also helping the user Go Green.
- Bosch Table Saws are becoming some of the most chosen industry tools. One of the most popular is the Bosch 4100 table saw
When you decide to purchase Bosch, you know what you are going to receive. Every item has been crafted to meet the needs of customer and at Bosch innovation never slows down. Bosch invests more then 9% of its total revenue on continued innovation, more then double the industry average of 4.2%. By doing this, Bosch continues to be a company dedicated to innovation and forward movement while solidly grounded in the energizing culture created by our founder. Bosch
, Invented for Life®